所以說 bug 這個名詞的由來，不是沒道理的！
Worm causes computer to crash
When Mark Taylor’s computer crashed, he suspected he had a “worm” virus in the system, but was surprised to discover the problem was caused by an actual earthworm.
The discovery was made by IT repairmen who found the 5in worm lodged inside the computer.
The creature had crawled into his £360 old laptop through an air vent and wrapped itself around the internal fan, leading to a total breakdown.
The worm itself was burned and frazzled having been ‘cooked’ by the overheating internal workings of the Gateway laptop computer.
The culprits, he believes, were his two cats who are in the habit of pouncing on earthworms outside and bringing them into the house.
Mr Taylor, from Yeovil, Somerset, said: “The worm was obviously looking for a hiding place and must have crawled in through the air vent to get away from the cats.
“I couldn’t help thinking that people get computer worms all the time, but not real life ones.”
Computer technician Sam Robinson, 28, who discovered the worm said: “The machine was displaying a message saying that the processor fan was unworkable.
“I took the back off and had a look inside. Then I spotted what at first I thought was some sort of hair band or elastic band wrapped around the fan.
“I soon discovered that it was a worm which had been burned to a frazzle. It had obviously wrapped around the fan when somebody had turned on the computer and caused the breakdown due to the fan jamming.
“The vent in the side of the laptop was larger than normal and there was obviously enough room for the worm to get inside.
“Needless to say I hadn’t come across a problem like this before but was happy to sort it out for Mark.”
剛看報導時我還在想說，2001 年的今天一隻蚯蚓剛好爬到 Laptop 出風口旁邊的機率，應該要遠低於 1945 年當時一隻蛾飛進繼電器的可能吧？幸好當事人後來自己分析說，這應該是「貓」為的事故。